Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] WinPCap / Windows 8 Support

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:38:19 +0000

From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Pennebaker
Sent: den 28 oktober 2012 23:19
To: WinPCap; Riverbed Support; Wireshark Dev
Subject: [Wireshark-dev] WinPCap / Windows 8 Support

 > It's been years since Wireshark recommended a new version of WinPCap (it's been v4.1.2 for years). Is this packet capture library still alive?

comes out of that project. Wireshark developers are not directly involved in that project we are just users of that library justr as we are
users of libpcap on other platforms.

It looks like the project might have stalled which is a bit worrying for Windows users.
When I run the Windows 8 Upgrade Assistant, it reports that WinPCap 4.1.2 is incompatible with Windows 8. Are there plans to release WinPCap for Windows 8?
Don't know you wll have to check with them as per above. As stated on ask.wireshark it should be possible to install Wireshark using the compabillity setting.

Has the project moved elsewhere?
Not as far as I know.
Regards
Anders