Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] r45615: Read the program name rather than hardcoding it

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 01:13:26 -0700
On Oct 18, 2012, at 12:51 AM, Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> From unistall.nsi
> :Section /o "Un.Personal Settings" un.SecPersonalSettings
> ;-------------------------------------------
> SectionIn 2
> SetShellVarContext current
> Delete "$APPDATA\${PROGRAM_NAME}\*.*"
> RMDir "$APPDATA\${PROGRAM_NAME}"
> SectionEnd
> :

Are Windows uninstallers *supposed* to remove your personal settings?

> PROGRAM_NAME used to be hardcoded Wireshark

...but that doesn't mean it's the name of the executable image; the name of the Wireshark executable image as we build install it is "wireshark.exe", with a lower-case "w", and other executable images have different names.

If it's anything at all, it's the name of the *installation* *directory* under \Program Files - but there's no requirement that the personal settings directory have the same name as the installation directory of the package.