Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] All normal TCP packets marked "blue" as chat

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 11:31:03 -0700
On 10/13/12 11:10 AM, Christopher Maynard wrote:
> Alexander Koeppe <format_c@...> writes:
>
>> I just built the latest SVN source and was surprised that all "normal"
>> TCP ACK packets which are used to be white are now tinted in blue.
>>
>> I wonder if this happended unintended?
>
> I tested this after compiling SVN 45521 on Windows 7 64-bit with stock coloring
> rules and the TCP ACK's are colorized normally.  When I expand the frame
> details, the coloring rule name/string listed is TCP/tcp, which corresponds to
> the foreground/background colors of #000000/#E7E5FF.
>
> So, which coloring rule is listed for your frames, and what
> foreground/background colors correspond to that rule?

I recently updated the default colorfilters using
http://emilis.info/other/extended_tango/ as a starting point in an
effort to make them a little less eye-bleed-inducing. I ended up making
the default TCP background #97c4f0 because it looked good at the time.
Would a lighter background be preferred?