Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] I need help with "Capture Filter"

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 14:54:29 -0400
Chuck H Wilson wrote:
As the subject line states: I need help getting WireShark's capture
filter to work.

I have put together details of the problem(s) I'm having, but in keeping
with the request of keeping the E-mail file size small, and not sending
more information that would be useful for now, I'm just providing the
WireShark version that I'm running, the platform I'm running on, and a
brief description of my problem.

To cover the simplest case first, you're aware that the capture filter and display filter syntaxes are different, right? For capture filter syntax, see http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureFilters

Ed