Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 45445: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: em

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:53:15 +0200
On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 08:32:00AM -0400, Evan Huus wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 10, 2012 at 8:24 AM,  <darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=45445
> >
> > User: darkjames
> > Date: 2012/10/10 05:24 AM
> >
> > Log:
> >  Fix bug #7814
> >
> >  We need to pass original pointer and length to munmap().
> >
> > Directory: /trunk/epan/
> >   Changes    Path          Action
> >   +8 -4      emem.c        Modified
>
> Ahah, this all makes sense to me now, thank you for the fix!
>
> Although how did struct emem_chunk_t end up with two different members
> named "org"? Is that some intentional type-masking that I don't
> understand, or is it just a typo?

Short story how to make development wireshark paintful.
Two machines:
  A - laptop (faster, without ssh keys) development
  B - desktop (slower, with ssh keys) commiting

A: git repository
  ## coding, coding, coding..
  ## compiles, great.
  $ git diff > /tmp/a.patch

B:
  scp 10.XX:/tmp/a.patch /tmp/
  $ patch -p2 < /tmp/a.patch
  patching file emem.c
  Hunk #2 succeeded at 310 (offset 1 line).
  Hunk #3 succeeded at 671 (offset 1 line).
  Hunk #4 succeeded at 683 (offset 1 line).
  ## WTF, why with offset?!

  $ svn diff
  ## looks good
  $ svn commit
  typing, typing, typing
  :wq

  Committed revision 45445.

  (looking at commit on wireshark-commit...)

  Committed revision 45446.

Well, main problem is that I don't have building env on machine B,
and I can't test if it compiles before commiting...

Anyway I hope this fix is temporary, right?