Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] FW: Accuracy of wireshark

From: Marinucci Elisabetta <elisabetta.marinucci@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2012 11:46:21 +0200

Dear all

we’d like to use wireshark tool to validate our network system in terms of packets exchanged and time.

We will need to verify that certain packets are exchanged and verify the time between request and response on Ethernet interface on PC with Windows server 2003 syncronized by NTP version 4 with a GPS server.

Do you have any Test Report or document that qualify the tool in term of its correct work?

Do you have any document or Test Report that demonstrates that wireshark is able to capture all the packets exchanged and to measure the time difference with correct accuracy?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Best Regards

Elisabetta Marinucci

green
Prima di stampare questa comunicazione consideratene, per favore, l'impatto ambientale