Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] should editcap support -H and -W?

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 02 Oct 2012 11:10:57 -0400
Jeff Morriss wrote:
I noticed today (in fighting to get name resolution blocks into my
PCAPNG files) that editcap does not (contrary to the man page) support
the "-H" and "-W" options.  Should it?

I coded up a patch today but realized that it would require linking
editcap against libwireshark.  Do we care?

The other aspect is that adding name resolution blocks can already be
done with tshark (in which the "-H" and "-W" options do work).

I think it makes sense to support -H and -W in editcap, especially since the man page says it already does.

Ed