Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 45212: /trunk/ui/gtk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/

From: Evan Huus <eapache@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 19:11:23 -0400
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 8:09 PM, Maynard, Chris
<Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Should similar changes be made here as well?
>
> capture_sync.c:1948:            if (GetExitCodeProcess((HANDLE) capture_opts->fork_child, &childstatus) &&
> tshark.c:1962:    result1 = GetExitCodeProcess((HANDLE)*(pipe_input_p->child_process),
>
> - Chris

The tshark code appears to be a copy of the one in gui_utils - I
haven't looked too closely, but perhaps they should be deduplicated?

The capture_sync code is interesting, since it treats the failure of
GetExitCodeProcess as effectively an ignorable error. I don't know if
that's indicative of best practice or it's simply another case of not
knowing quite what to do with the return status. I don't have a
problem with converting all three places for consistency, but without
a Windows dev environment all I can really do is speculate.

Evan

Note to self: dig out old XP virtual machine and set it up for
wireshark development