Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Transmission Latency Calculation

From: "Herb Falk <herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>" <Herb@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2012 00:23:12 +0000

I am creating a dissector that needs to be able to calculate the transmission latency of a packet.

The protocol being dissected has the timestamp of the “transmission”, I need to be able to gain access to the time of capture of wireshark in order to calculate the difference.  Anybody know an example/documentation pointer?

Thanks in advance.

Herbert Falk

SISCO

6605 19-1/2 Mile Road

Sterling Heights, MI 48314

Ph: 586-254-0020 x105

Fx:  586-254-0053

"In matters of style, swim with the current;   in matters of principle, stand like a rock." [Thomas Jefferson]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have  received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit,  disseminate, or otherwise use the information. Also,  please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.