Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Vines dissectors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 03:44:28 -0700
On Sep 22, 2012, at 3:22 AM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sep 21, 2012, at 11:56 PM, Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>> I also noticed a few things while working on the dissector:
>>> 1. The second instance of hf_vines_ip_length (under is_broadcast) doesn't seem like it should be there.  Is that a bug?
>
> According to
>
> 	http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Banyan_VINES
>
> that's the Transport Control field; the second instance of hf_vines_ip_length shouldn't be there.
>
> I've checked that in, along with updates to the URLs.

And I've added some additional URLs to on-line versions of Banyan's documentation (according to the Wikipedia page, Banyan "became ePresence, an internet services company providing collaboration, security and identity management solutions" in 1999, and "announced the obsolescence of VINES and other Banyan products", and in 2003, "ePresence announced that it would cease operations and its assets would be acquired by Unisys", so you can't order a hard-copy from Banyan).