Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] r45005: changes in proto_item_append_string()

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 09:34:24 -0400
Hi,

Sorry about that.  I had no idea that the old function could change the value behind a filter - should have been more careful (especially when I noticed that packet-frame.c was also using it...).

Maybe I could create and use a new function such as proto_item_append_literal_text()

I will be going out very soon, so won't be able to revert it for the next few hours, obviously I don't mind if someone does before I get back.

Regards,
Martin