Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] gsm decode flow

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 12:49:36 +0200
2012/9/19 pingu kool <gsmandvoip@xxxxxxxxx>
hi list, I want to understand the source flow of gsm dissector, I tried to search in, but got confused regarding actual flow happening at the time of dissection, can anybody help me in this.
Thanks in advance......

Hi,

assuming you are talking about the dissection of DTAP messages (RR, MM, CC, GMM, SM, ...), the entry point is the gsm_dtap dissector found in packet-gsm_a_dtap.c file.
Then depending on the Protocol Discriminator, the dissect_dtap function selects the right ett, hf, and arrays to be used for dissection.

Best regards,
Pascal.