Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Microsoft Message Analyzer ...

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 19:55:38 -0700
Hi folks,

at SDC 2012 I saw a demo of the Beta of Microsoft Message Analyzer.
This is the "follow-on" to NetMon.

I saw something that can capture packets and much more and display
correlated info.

One particularly interesting demo was of it reading in a pcap file and
a Samba log file, parsing them both and correlating the records using
time, so you could see the network traffic and the Samba logged events
one after another.

Of course, we could write a hand-written parser for Samba Log files
... however, this was pretty much all auto generated.

More info over the next few days.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe