Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 44860: /trunk/ /trunk/asn1/camel/: c

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 15:35:34 -0400
darkjames@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=44860

User: darkjames
Date: 2012/09/10 02:40 PM

Log:
 Initial commit to support yet another method of passing data between dissectors.
Add new parameter 'data' to heur_dissector_t and new_dissector_t, for now it's always NULL

Does anybody have an idea of how to handle this in custom dissectors which need to be compiled in both 1.8 and trunk (without branching said dissectors--something I really would like to avoid)?

I'm contemplating putting a macro in packet.h like DISSECTORS_HAVE_DATA_PARAM and adding the appropriate #ifdef/#else logic in my custom dissectors. Any objections? Any better ideas?