Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] GUI conversation highlighting

From: Chris Elston <celston@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2012 15:18:04 +0100
Hi List,

I recently added conversation tracking to the l2tp dissector (so that
conversation context can be stored when using ephemeral ports).

In my naivete, I had assumed that (dissector conversation == GUI
highlighting conversation), but I now understand that to not be the
case.

Is there any means for a dissector to inform the GUI conversation
highlighting which packets it believes belong in the same conversation?

If not, would it be a difficult change?

Thanks,

Chris.