Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] small query

From: Ed Beroset <beroset@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 06:31:39 -0400
Krishnamurthy Mayya wrote:
Hi all,
   If i am writing a new file, in order for it to be compiled do i have to
include the file-name in any existing directory/files??
   the location of the new file is epan/dissectors.

Generally, yes. The easiest way to find out where in a well-established project like Wireshark is to identify some similar file, such as packet-spice.c and use grep to find out where that file is mentioned. When I do that, I find that packet-spice.c is mentioned in epan/CMakeLists.txt and epan/dissectors/Makefile.common which suggests where your file name might be added.

Ed