Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 44316: /trunk/ui/gtk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 11:46:06 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joerg Mayer
Sent: den 8 augusti 2012 11:29
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 44316: /trunk/ui/gtk/ /trunk/ui/gtk/: tcp_graph.c

On Wed, Aug 08, 2012 at 09:32:06AM +0200, Anders Broman wrote:
> Or graph_utils.c

Sure

>> Io_graph.c rtp_analysis.c and iax_analysis.c is very similar and there's the same problem of sharing code.
>
>I just did a s/rtp/NAME/g in rtp_analysis.c and s/iax2/NAME/g in iax2_analysis.c and then a diff -uwbB iax2_name rtp_name.
>The similarities are striking - it really looks like these files are more than 80% identical. The same for
>io_stat.c didn't (syntactically) look that identical.

I think io_graph-c is the original
Rtp_analysis.c copies the graph part from io_garph.c but contains other code as well. Iax_analysis.c is a
Derivate of rtp_analysis.c

Ideally the graph code should be shared by all, and iax. And rtp share the other common code.

We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works. Some say that should read Microsoft instead of technology.