Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warnings when loading preferences

Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 09:29:52 -0400 (EDT)
Technically the prefences aren't "obsolete", they are just renamed for (internally) optimized code.  Should the "old names" still be noted as such in a current preferences file?  The main reason for the new "optimized" code was to get the "general" preferences to use the "preference API", like all of the protocol preferences are (so it would be open to being called "obsolete" in the future).  That's why supporting this "backwards compatibility" to the old names of the "general preferences" will make the code look a little ugly, but is certainly acheivable.