Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Warnings when loading preferences

From: Stig Bjørlykke <stig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2012 15:06:05 +0200
On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 2:50 PM, Anders Broman
<anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Is it worth it when you can just resave your preferences?

The user may have several profiles with different settings, and will
have to update all profiles with new settings again.
I think we should try preserving the preferences instead of giving warnings.

We also mark removed dissector preferences
(prefs_register_obsolete_preference) and protocols
(prefs_register_protocol_obsolete) as obsolete.

--
Stig Bjørlykke