Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] idl2wrs generation of display filters

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:49:02 -0400
mmann78@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I was running checkfiltername.pl and discovered that the idl2wrs generated dissectors don't follow the convention of using the filter name registered with the protocol as the start of any display filter name. Was this just an oversight, or was it intentional?

I believe the attached patch will fix the problem, but I don't know the first thing about the idl2wrs generation or how to regenerate the necessary dissector files, so I thought I'd send it out for comment.

I don't know much about the IDL stuff but I recently made a bunch of changes to it (and rebuilt the dissectors). My cheat-sheet for how to re-generate them came from this check-in comment:

http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=39932

:-)

(Of course you also need the omniorb stuff, etc. first.)

If you don't want to muck with it I could try to apply this patch and regenerate but it'll probably be a few days before I'll have a chance.