Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] RFD: New language to write dissectors

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 23:23:01 -0700
On Jul 24, 2012, at 1:23 PM, Jakub Zawadzki wrote:

> From my perspective: I really use ~ 20 dissectors, why I need all of them?

...and if they're loaded at startup time and either interpreted or translated after being loaded, it might be easier to choose a subset of protocols (NetMon lets you do that, although I don't remember whether you can specify an arbitrary subset or if they just let you choose from subsets they've defined).