Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Bug 7506: Analyze->Apply as Filter and Analyze->Prepare a Fi

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 08:52:03 -0400

It appears that this bug has existed for a while and has just recently been reported by a user.

IOW: maybe accessing the 'Apply as Filter' and 'Prepare a Filter' functionality via the 'Analyze' dropdown isn't used much.

So: Given that there's already a lot of choices on the 'Analyze' drop-down, perhaps we should consider just removing these items (as well as 'Apply as Column' ?) from the 'Analyze' drop-down.

Obviously the functionality would continue to be accessible via the context menu attached to fields in the packet-details pane.

Opinions ?

Bill