Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Help needed

From: Bill Meier <wmeier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 09:52:08 -0400
On 7/23/2012 1:52 AM, Krishnamurthy Mayya wrote:
Hi Bill,
To answer your questions:

a) I am using Centos version - 6.2 (Oracle Virtual Box Environment)
b) Yes, i am building unchanged Wireshark SVN code.
(*wireshark-1.9.0-SVN-43850, which i have downloaded from the repository*).
c) After ./configure, i tried make clean;make install

Did you do an autogen first ?
Did you do a make before the make install ?

See:
http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcBuildFirstTime.html#id36130030

Also see the following for some notes:

http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/ChSrcRunFirstTime.html#ChSrcRunFirstTimeUnix