Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tcap.tid display filter not applied as byte string

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:28:55 +0000 (UTC)
Arjan Van Der Oest <Arjan@...> writes:

> When using the TCAP dissector and clicking right on a TID value (i.e.:
0c0013c0) , selecting "Apply as Filter > Selected" the display filter will be
composed as "tcap.tid == 0c0013c0" and WS will error on me with "tcap.tid ==
0c0013c0" isn't a valid display filter: &quot;0c0013c0&quot; is not a valid byte
string.

> When manually changing the display filter to  "tcap.tid == 0c:00:13:c0 the
problem is solved. It seems to me the 'Apply as filter...' command from the
context menu is not behaving correctly.

Please file a bug report and include a small capture file for testing.
- Chris