Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Infrastructure for plugins (including Lua-based ones) to add

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 00:37:42 -0700
On Jul 11, 2012, at 5:17 AM, Beth wrote:

> Would it be feasible to enhance the Python support to match whatever we do for Lua?

Would it be feasible to have the C support allow this and then export that capability to Lua and Python and Visual Basic and INTERCAL and any other extension language we offer now or in the future? :-)

I.e., yes, we should have a *generic* mechanism to allow added taps to update the menu, so the extension language doesn't matter, as per Richard's comment

> Currently, as well, the infrastructure seems focused around Lua, but it might be useful to make it more generic.

and then we should update existing extension language support to use it.