Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Can I hook menu/GUI functions with LUA?

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2012 23:36:56 -0700
On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 11:26 PM, Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Actually, my answer assumes you were asking if you can use WSLua to invoke
> an existing menu (e.g., open the dialog from "Statistics > Conversations").
>
> Is this assumption correct? What exactly are you trying to accomplish?

Well, Tony, I want to invoke the function bound to existing buttons
and menu items in the GUI but also to hook them so I can add
functionality.

I want to receive control in my extension functions when certain
buttons or menu items are clicked, do my stuff, and then, if needed,
call the original function. At least, that is currently what I think I
want to do.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe