Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 43497: /trunk/epan/ /trunk/epan/: ex

From: Pascal Quantin <pascal.quantin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 00:18:15 +0200
Hi,

Le 27/06/2012 00:12, Bill Meier a �crit :
> On 6/26/2012 3:36 PM, pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=43497
>>
>> User: pascal
>> Date: 2012/06/26 12:36 PM
>>
>> Log:
>>   Display expert codes in hexadecimal (less painful for my eyes :))
>>

> The real question:
>
> Why are the essentially meaningless numeric values for the expert
> codes now being shown in the expert messages ?
>
> Wireshark 1.6 doesn't show the numeric values (which is the way I
> think it should be).
>
> What changed ?
This is due to the now forbidden usage of BASE_NONE with FT_(U)INT* done
in r43412.
I first used a BASE_CUSTOM to get completely rid of the numeric display
but then nice filters like expert.severity == "Note" were not working
anymore :( Thus the tradeoff with the hexadecimal display.
But I agree with you: it would be better to get rid of them.

Regards,
Pascal.