Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY for in-source CMake build

From: Tony Trinh <tony19@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2012 23:10:32 -0400
When I query the list of RADIUS fields from tshark, I see a different number of results as shown below.

in-source CMake build (tshark run from top-level source directory):

$ ./tshark -G fields | grep 'radius\.' | wc -l
  89

$ WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY=1 ./tshark -G fields | grep 'radius\.' | wc -l
  8613

out-of-source CMake build (tshark run from build directory):

$ ./tshark -G fields | grep 'radius\.' | wc -l
  8613

autotools build (tshark run from top-level source directory):

$ ./tshark -G fields | grep 'radius\.' | wc -l
  8613

Why is the environment variable WIRESHARK_RUN_FROM_BUILD_DIRECTORY necessary for the in-source CMake build but not in any other case?