Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Note about proto_tree_add_unicode_string (r43379)

From: Jakub Zawadzki <darkjames-ws@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 21:01:48 +0200
Hi,

String from tvb_get_ephemeral_string() still needs escaping with format_text(),
cause it doesn't check encoding.

When you use:
  tvb_get_ephemeral_string_enc(tvb, offset, length, ENC_UTF_8 | ENC_NA);

It guarantees result encoded in UTF-8:
 * string as converted from the appropriate encoding to UTF-8 ...

(Code to do it is still in XXX's but this is bug in libwireshark and no one can blame you that you used wrong function :))

Regards,
 Kuba