Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ui/qt directory installed with gtk version (1.8rc1)

From: Anders Broman <anders.broman@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2012 16:00:40 +0200

-----Original Message-----
From: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joerg Mayer
Sent: den 19 juni 2012 15:38
To: Developer support list for Wireshark
Subject: Re: [Wireshark-dev] ui/qt directory installed with gtk version (1.8rc1)

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 02:07:41PM +0200, Petr Sumbera wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:23:07, Gerald Combs wrote:
>
> >The images are compiled into the executable as C arrays so there's no
> >reason to install them separately even when --with-qt is enabled. I
> >checked in a fix and backported it to 1.8.
>
> Great, thanks! And how about main-menubar-ui.xml? I believe it's also
> not used (without defining NEW_MENU_CODE) and yet it's installed.
>
>Hmm, why isn't NEW_MENU_CODE set by default?
>
>Ciao
> Jörg

main-menubar-ui.xml isn't used and should probably be removed, it will just cause problems when running
In build directory so I abandoned implementing it.

I think NEW_MENU_CODE was only used during implementation of the menu code and is probably only left
Around still experimental code, that should probably go as well.
Regards
Anders
We are stuck with technology when what we really want is just stuff that works. Some say that should read Microsoft instead of technology.