Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] wireshark-docs

From: Cody Doucette <doucette@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 14:10:32 -0400
Hi Vinay,

I am also a novice developer, and I have been working on implementing my own dissector in the past week or so. I have found a few useful documents:

The developer's readme: http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/trunk/doc/README.developer?revision=42602&view=markup

The developer's guide: http://www.wireshark.org/docs/wsdg_html_chunked/

You might also want to take a look at some of the dissectors that have already been implemented to get a feel for how they are structured. I'm not sure if any of these are considered "advanced" documents, but they should get you started.

Good luck!

Cody Doucette