Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] lua5_1_4_Win64_dll10_lib.zip now needed ??

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2012 14:00:27 -0700
On 6/6/12 1:18 PM, Gerald Combs wrote:
> On 6/6/12 12:54 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
>> Not really knowing much about this, I do note that there is a lua
>> library named 'lua5_1_4_Win32_dll9_lib.zip' (as well as
>> 'lua5_1_4_Win32_dll6_lib.zip'); config.nmake for win32 specifies:
>>
>> LUA_DIST=5_1_4_Win32_dll6
>> LUA_DIR=$(WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR)\lua5.1.4
>>

>> I also note that config.nmake for win64 specifies
>>  LUA_DIST=5_1_4_Win64_dll9
>>  LUA_DIR=$(WIRESHARK_LIB_DIR)\lua5.1.4
>>

>> dll9 suggests for use with VC9 generated binaries.
>> Is a ...dll10 now needed ??
>
> Dependency Walker says "yes", unless we want to bundle and install
> multiple versions of vcredist_x64.exe. I think having multiple C
> runtimes solves a problem in the same way that giving whiskey to a
> crying baby solves a problem.
>
> I'll update the win64 DLL and backport to trunk-1.8.

It looks like zlib is linked against msvcr90.dll as well. Would it make
more sense to update it manually or to switch to the zlib1.dll in the
current Gtk+ package, which is linked against msvcrt.dll?

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org