Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 41853: /trunk/ /trunk/: Makefile.am

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 13:04:44 -0700
On 6/5/12 12:12 PM, Joerg Mayer wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 05:53:23PM +0000, gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> http://anonsvn.wireshark.org/viewvc/viewvc.cgi?view=rev&revision=41853
>>
>> User: gerald
>> Date: 2012/03/30 10:53 AM
>>
>> Log:
>>  Remove the dependency on tools/make-services.pl for the services target.
>>  This is likely the cause of unwanted "services" file build attempts.
>
> Does this really make sense? The dependency should only cause a rebuild
> if the file was touched. What exactly was happening here?

As I recall this is a result of a fresh SVN checkout. By default
Subversion doesn't preserve timestamps, so the newness of "services" vs
"tools/make-services.pl" depends on the order in which they were checked
out.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org