Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 41790: /trunk/ /trunk/: configure.in

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 16:00:13 -0400
Joerg Mayer wrote:
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 10:33:22AM -0400, Jeff Morriss wrote:
*My* intent was to revert back out my change to go back to what
Joerg had intended in r34356.  That revision says the intent was "to
increase common source code coverage".

I think I had also see some comments (r28285, for example) about
wanting/trying to get the AirPcap GUI working on Linux.  I don't
know much more than that since I don't have one of the devices to
play with.  Joerg?

OK, I've read the complete thread but this is the right place to reply:
My main intention was indeed to get as much code coverage during compilation
on non-Windows systems as possible. As a (really minor) side effect, I
could take at least a look at how this looks like when I tried answering
questions from Windows users on #wireshark as well as make it clear to
the Unix'ish users that there is some missing functionality.

Btw, with this patch, autofoo and cmake are out of sync again now, as the
cmake stuff was not changed. So is it OK if I make the relevant changes
to cmake as well? If so, I will improve the cmake stuff to compile with
airpcap if available by default and not compile with airpcap if not
available.

Oh boy. I thought r34356 was part of getting autofoo in sync with cmake (thus the part of the commit comment--not quoted here--about solving bug 4879), but I guess not.

Anyway, as it seems there was some objection to this commit, maybe it makes sense to revert it instead of bringing cmake into sync with it. (I don't particularly care either way.)