Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Lua: condition on protocol preference

From: Joerg Mayer <jmayer@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 21:19:58 +0200
On Tue, Apr 03, 2012 at 02:40:01PM +0300, Maayan Zadik wrote:
> I have the custom protocol dissector written in C, with registered
> preferences, and some analysis scripts written in lua, and the analysis
> results depend on the defined preferences of the protocol.
>

> I need to condition on one of the protocol's preferences.
>
> Is there a way to access that value?
>
> I don't need to change it, just read it.

Just to make sure I understand you correctly: You have a Wireshark dissector
that uses the normal Wireshark preferences infrastructure and you have a Lua
program that needs to know about these preferences.
If that is correct, then you should be able to read those preferences from
the preferences file. On my system that would be ~/.wireshark/preferences,
the directory can be found in Wireshark menus: [Help] -> [About Wireshark]
-> [Folders]

Ciao
      Jörg