Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Make "giop plugins" built in dissectors?

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 14:26:29 -0400
Tyson Key wrote:
Hi Jeff,

I've also noticed that with a modern x86-64-based machine (with 3GB of RAM, and a triple-core AMD Phenom II CPU), and a recent-ish version of GCC running under *buntu. It certainly seems like a good stress test for any compiler/OS/machine combination.

With that in mind, just what is packet-parlay.c being used for, anyway? (And why is it so large?)

Apologies in advance for the stupid questions,

Well, I think that the problem is mostly that it's a generated dissector. For a big protocol.

But I admit I haven't looked in depth.