Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Should payload dissectors' (RTP) packets depend on call-setu

From: Richard Sharpe <realrichardsharpe@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 06:19:52 -0700
On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 3:12 AM, Kukosa, Tomas
<tomas.kukosa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Though I am nervous about this whole packet-dependency thing causing
>> users to say "I filtered on RTP and you saved my SIP too!"
>
> User should have possibility to choose in saving dialog whether just
> displayed/selected/marked/... are saved or also packets which
> displayed/selected/marked/... packets depend on. E.g. some checkbox "save
> with dependancy".

Well, yes, but surely the issue is identifying those dependencies,
since that is not explicit.

Saving the state is similarly troublesome since that state info is not
easy for the UI portions to identify. It would be nice if the pinfo
had a pointer to all the state info used in dissecting the packet ...

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe