Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] 1.8 branch + release schedule

From: "Graham Bloice" <graham.bloice@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 09:07:48 +0100

Visual Studio Express 2012 for Windows 8 can still compile C/C++, but the limited in some way to producing Metro apps.  I guess that it won't ship with the ordinary Windows (non-Metro) headers and libraries.  Apparently these (along with the compilers) have also been removed from the Windows 8 SDK so that can't be used as an alternative method.   I'll download some stuff  this weekend and see what happens when trying to build Wireshark.