Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] 1.8 branch + release schedule

From: Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 11:59:05 -0700
Hi,

I'd like to branch off 1.8 next Monday (June 4) so that we can start
making release candidates followed by the official 1.8.0 release:

1.8.0rc1: June 4
1.8.0rc2: June 11 (if needed)
1.8.0:    June 18

The schedule is a little aggressive. I don't mind postponing the
official release until after Sharkfest if needed.

I'd also like to make Visual Studio 2010 the default for Windows builds
before the branch. According to some news sources it will be the last
version of VS to ship with a C/C++ compiler in the Express edition so we
may as well standardize on it now.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org