Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Starting point for a developer

From: Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 23:34:25 -0700
On May 26, 2012, at 9:56 PM, Dipanjan Das wrote:

> I couldn't get you.

What I'm saying is that the "Starting point for a developer" mail message you sent:

	http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201205/msg00198.html

was the same as the "New developer - how to start?" mail message you sent:

	http://www.wireshark.org/lists/wireshark-dev/201205/msg00190.html

and, therefore, the answers are the same.

Perhaps the first message, for some reason, didn't get delivered to the list as quickly as the second message, but the second one was sent about 47 minutes after the first one - just because a message doesn't show up on a list within an hour, that doesn't mean that it should be sent again.  Perhaps you weren't subscribed to the wireshark-dev list, so the first message had to get approved by a moderator.