Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] About the ip address -host name conversion module in wiresha

From: nangergong <nangergong@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 14:19:50 +0200
Thanks! I'm wondering whether there are some public APIs for this function

On Wed, May 23, 2012 at 12:53 PM, Martin Visser <martinvisser99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
In Wireshark,  it uses DNS or what ever you manually have written in the "ethers" or "hosts" file. Whois only shows assignments from the various Internet Registries.

You can of course infer names (say looking at the "Host:" header in a HTTP request) but this isn't done.

Unfortunately their is no magic to do this.

Regards, Martin

MartinVisser99@xxxxxxxxx