Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] Expected ABI breakage with 1.6.8

From: Balint Reczey <balint.reczey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 May 2012 21:02:45 +0200
Hi,

Please do not release 1.6.8 in its current state or bump library version to 2.0.0 for libwireshark. Using 1.1.8 is misleading as 1.6.8 breaks the ABI:
http://rbalint.cs.bme.hu/ws-ABI-1.6.7-1.6.8/libwireshark/abi_compat_report.html

Please run the following command before release to verify ABI compatibility in the git repo:

git checkout master-1.6
git checkout master -- tools/git-compare-abis.sh
tools/git-compare-abis.sh  "./autogen.sh && ./configure && make -j3 && make dumpabi"

Thanks,
Balint