Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Linking reassemble_test.exe

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 May 2012 12:34:30 -0400
Gisle Vanem wrote:
Isn't reassemble_test.exe among the targets on Windows?
(or any OS; I dont understand the 'EXTRA_DIST' stuff in
epan/Makefile.am).

Yes, but it's not built as part of the normal build process. It only gets built if you ask for it ("make reassemble_test"). The buildbot that does the run tests builds and runs it, but the others don't.

Can't seems to make it link because of a missing export of
'proto_registrar_get_name' in epan/libwireshark.def. Hence, I think
patch should fix it:

Hmmm, reassemble_test doesn't use that symbol directly, it's used within libwireshark, so technically I don't think it should need to be exported.

And I just managed to build/link it on Windows with the 2010EE compiler. Not sure why your system would be different.