Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Buildbot llvm/clang/scan-buiild version ?

From: Alexis La Goutte <alexis.lagoutte@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 23:12:35 +0200
Hi,

It is very strange the number of warnings found by Clang, it is not the same with Buildbot
The scan-build of 2012-05-11-3 has 15 warnings about Function call argument is an uninitialized value
The scan-build of 2012-05-11-4 has  7 warnings about Function call argument is an uninitialized value
The scan-build of 2012-05-11-3 has 16 warnings about Function call argument is an uninitialized value

(and there is no change in packet-quake2.c dissector...)
this clang version is buggy ?

Regards,

On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Gerald Combs <gerald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 5/9/12 2:46 PM, Bill Meier wrote:
> Gerald:
>
> I'm trying to understand why I get quite different output (warnings,
> etc) when I build Wireshark with clan/llvm.. (version 2.9.10) than is
> shown by the clang buildbot.
>
> What's the buildbot clang/llvm/... version ??

"clang --version" says:

clang version 3.1 (trunk 155011)
Target: x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix

Version 3.1 hasn't officially been released yet -- this is from the LLVM
SVN repository. It would be useful to show the clang version in
scan-build's index page. I'll see if I can add that.

--
Join us for Sharkfest ’12! · Wireshark® Developer and User Conference
Berkeley, CA, June 24-27 · sharkfest.wireshark.org