Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 42468: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 18:53:56 +0100

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:36 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 7, 2012, at 10:33 AM, Martin Mathieson wrote:

> I will do it in the .c files.  One reason might be that someone might include that header file in their own project and doesn't want to have to have the wireshark folder on their include path (I don't).

So presumably your own project defines conversation_t itself?  Otherwise, you're going to get compile errors.

I don't have a separate project that includes packet-umts_fp.h.  I was thinking that someone might want to include this file to get the definitions, most likely just for the #defines.  Because its a typedef, they probably couldn't just forward declare it either.  As you say, they'd need to define it themselves, or use an edited copy of this file.

It turns out that there are a few files that include packet-umts_fp.h, but I think its OK.  I don't really like #include in a header file.  I tend to have a 'common' include file that all modules include -  it would include files such as this to avoid playing whack-a-mole when another dependency gets added.

Martin