Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] [Wireshark-commits] rev 42468: /trunk/epan/dissectors/ /trun

From: Martin Mathieson <martin.r.mathieson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 18:33:48 +0100

On Mon, May 7, 2012 at 6:25 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On May 7, 2012, at 10:13 AM, Martin Mathieson wrote:

> Sorry Guy, I just added it to the header file.  Shall I revert?

Actually, according to SVN, you didn't, you removed it from the .c file:

Oh dear.  I must have done 'svn commit packet-umts_fp.c packet-umts_fp.c'.

> User: martinm
> Date: 2012/05/07 10:10 AM
>
> Log:
> Include <epan/conversation.h> from packet-umts_fp.h.
>
> Directory: /trunk/epan/dissectors/
>  Changes    Path                Action
>  +0 -1      packet-umts_fp.c    Modified
                           ^^

but didn't check in the change to add it to the .h file.

I'm somewhat neutral on whether the right way to handle this is to include it in packet-umts_fp.h or in the files that include it.

I will do it in the .c files.  One reason might be that someone might include that header file in their own project and doesn't want to have to have the wireshark folder on their include path (I don't).