Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] _U_ is used when it shouldn't be.

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 01:30:21 +0000 (UTC)
Guy Harris <guy@...> writes:

> Is _U_ being used in human-written code or in code written by the
PIDL-to-dissector code?  If the latter,
> then it should be fixed in the generator *IF* the generator can, without too
much trouble, figure out
> whether an argument is used; otherwise, it's probably not worth worrying about.

In the case of packet-dcerpc-frsrpc.c, I guess it's a combination of both?
epan/dissectors/pidl/frsrpc.cnf is also a file under revision control and it has
several files where _U_ is used incorrectly; however, the generated
packet-dcerpc-frsrpc.c file has many more cases.  I don't know enough about pidl
to know how/where the rest are coming from yet.