Wireshark-dev: [Wireshark-dev] pidl-generated dissectors

From: Christopher Maynard <Christopher.Maynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 01:25:48 +0000 (UTC)
Up until recently, I hadn't looked at the pidl-generated dissectors much, but
after having just generated the packet-dcerpc-frsrpc.c dissector, it seems that
there are many differences between the generated files and those previously
generated dissectors under revision control in epan/dissectors/.

There are also several warnings generated and some complaints about unused hf
fields by the pidl compiler.  I'm not too sure how to fix those either.  Are
there any pidl experts out there who might be able to have a look at these?

- Chris

P.S. Below is just a small example of some diffs between a "just-generated" file
and the one under version control (other pidl-generated dissectors have many
more differences though):

$ diff packet-dcerpc-frsrpc.c ../packet-dcerpc-frsrpc.c
3781c3781
<-         { "  Ndr Guid Size",
"frsrpc.frsrpc_FrsVerifyPromotionParent.__ndr_guid_size", FT_UINT32, BASE_DEC,
NULL, 0, NULL, HFILL }},
---
->         { "Ndr Guid Size",
"frsrpc.frsrpc_FrsVerifyPromotionParent.__ndr_guid_size", FT_UINT32, BASE_DEC,
NULL, 0, NULL, HFILL }},
3801c3801
<-         { "  Ndr Guid Size",
"frsrpc.frsrpc_FrsStartPromotionParent.__ndr_guid_size", FT_UINT32, BASE_DEC,
NULL, 0, NULL, HFILL }},
---
->         { "Ndr Guid Size",
"frsrpc.frsrpc_FrsStartPromotionParent.__ndr_guid_size", FT_UINT32, BASE_DEC,
NULL, 0, NULL, HFILL }},

In the above case, I tried searching for "Ndr Guid Size" to find out where those
leading spaces were coming from, but my search came up empty, so I'm not sure
how to fix it.