Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] Static analysis and FT_STRING encodings

From: Jeff Morriss <jeff.morriss.ws@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 14:59:43 -0400
Evan Huus wrote:
On Thu, Apr 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM, Guy Harris <guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:guy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
[...]
    ASCII has no byte-order issues, and the convention is that ENC_NA is
    used to explicitly indicate that the byte order is not applicable.

But, as above, we already get that from the fact that it's ASCII in the first place. If the agreed style is to be explicit in these cases, that's fine, but then that should be made clearer in the comments.

(As an aside, I'm assuming based on this that the few places which do 'ENC_ASCII | ENC_BIG_ENDIAN' or 'ENC_ASCII | ENC_LITTLE_ENDIAN' are actually wrong?)

Sounds wrong to me given this discussion; I removed all those places in r42297.