Wireshark-dev: Re: [Wireshark-dev] tcp_dissect_pdus() & fixed_len issue

From: Tobias Weiss <tweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 13:39:53 -0400

Some packets are quite big and won't be transferred within a single TCP packet. So as far as I understand (I'm really not a wireshark expert) I need TCP desegmentation.

Stephen Fisher <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wireshark-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

04/26/2012 12:47 PM
Please respond to
Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Developer support list for Wireshark <wireshark-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
Re: [Wireshark-dev] tcp_dissect_pdus() & fixed_len issue

---- On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 06:55:02 -0600 Tobias Weiss<tweiss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote ----

> I'm currently developing a dissector for a quite old TCP protocol. Most of the stuff is straight forward and not a real problem. But right now I'm facing an issue and need some help.
>
> In my main dissector function I'm calling tcp_dissect_pdus(), but there are 3 cases or let's say headers which could be within the stream:

Before going any further, I want to confirm that you do need TCP desegmentation and that you can't deal with the packets one-by-one (probably with the help of conversation tracking).